Canterbury Folk Music Festival - A family festival of music
Waipara Adventure Centre, 137 Darnley Road
Our festival encourages participation – here’s how you can join in: festival choir, bush poetry, workshops, concerts, blackboard concerts, ceilidh, jam sessions, kid’s stuff.
A family friendly weekend
- featuring the best in acoustic/folk music
- top national and international performers
- concerts, dances, workshops, informal “sessions”
- youth band project, fun-filled children’s programme
- a giant ukulele band, blackboard concerts, choir
- opportunities for you to perform with guest artists
- plus so much more….
Situated less than an hour’s drive north of Christchurch city, the Waipara Adventure Centre features campsites, bunk rooms, plus clean bathroom and shower facilities.
Cook your own food or take advantage of the festival catering facilities. The onsite festival café features barista coffee and fresh home baking.