The Investment Plan for the Canterbury & West Coast Regional Events Fund aims to develop and grow a focused portfolio of events that attracts visitors throughout the year, expresses the spirit of the region and its people and leaves a positive legacy for its community. It is also key opportunity to enhance regional collaboration through events, as well as tourism.
The goals of each region will be supported through representation on the Events Investment Panel with a collaborative approach to event programming, event leverage and event development opportunities.
Key focus areas of the Regional Investment Plan include:
- Capability building to ensure the events invested are set up to successfully attract visitors and deliver an increased contribution to the regional economies
- Showcase the region and encourage collaboration on shared event themes and regional strengths
- Identify synergies and intra-regional leverage opportunities with new or existing events, enhancing collaborative programming of events across the region
The success of the Investment Plan will be measured against three main outcome areas:
- Visitation - attract visitors to the region by the events
- Profile - enhance the regional profile through events
- Legacy - generate legacy benefits for the region from the events
What's it for, and how to apply?
The Regional Events Fund covers the large and diverse geographical region of Canterbury and the West Coast. The event landscape within each region varies significantly based on population size, venues and event infrastructure, local capability, capacity and the current annual calendar of events.
Given this context, each RTO will be responsible for administering and managing the allocation of funding for events in their region. The process to access funding differs between regions, further details can be provided directly from the regional contacts. The key priority of investing in events to drive visitation and bring measurable economic benefit is the same for all regions.