Among the thrills of jet boating, bungy jumping, white water rafting and horse riding that the region has to offer, is quad-biking.
Don’t let these four wheel beauties deceive you – on a dirt track with a few jumps and bumps you can get them up to speed and they fly around the tracks! They are seriously fun and with bikes ranging in size and speeds, it’s an activity for the whole family.
If you think you’re up for it, here are a few tips to get you started.
- Durable clothes: Leave your best gears at home and bring some spares. They’re guaranteed to get a bit muddy and dirty. However, the operators do provide a jacket and a helmet.
- Covered over sturdy shoes: i.e. Jandals are probably not your best choice on these.
- Pack up the water! We recommend taking two bottles of water – one for the ride and the other for when you get back to base. It’s thirsty work!
- A brave face: Depending on where you go, there are meadows, streams and bush to get through, with just a few hairy moments here and there. There’s always an option for the little ones, but don a brave face and challenge yourself. It’s a whole lotta fun.
- It’s not all fast & furious: With two-seater bikes and singles which are big or small, they vary in speed to suit all abilities. You can also choose from both auto and manual.
- A desire to have fun: Most tours and trips are two hours of solid fun! With those jumps and bumps along the way and beautiful Hurunui scenery to admire, it’ll be hard to wipe the smile off your face.
Take your pick!