Watters CottageLocation: Cnr George Street (SH70) and West Street, Totherham

The Watters family arrived in New Zealnd from County Carlow Ireland in 1873.  They settled in Rotherham in 1883, which was the year the new school was opened.  The cottage having withstood the rigours of time acts as a testimony to the living conditions of many farmhands and their families during the period and now is protected by a Category II Classification (Heritage New Zealand).